We are currently seeking a professional individual for a line cook position. Applicants must be professional, detail-oriented and available to work a varied schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays. At least one year experience in an upscale restaurant is required.
Muriel's offers flexible scheduling, employee meals, 401K, and paid vacations. We offer a professional environment with excellent opportunities for advancement.
1. Provide outstanding service to all guests in the restaurant by producing food prepared to menu specifications, in a timely fashion.
2. Exhibit hospitality in all dealings with guests and other employees.
3. Maintain a high level of cleanliness in all work areas.
4. Perform all tasks in accordance with Muriel's Jackson Square guidelines.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Cooking Ability
SPECIFIC DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Increase the success of the restaurant menus by contributing all aspects of personal cooking knowledge.
2. Understand and demonstrate the 'creole taste' through established seasoning and cooking techniques
3. Correctly times the preparation of menu items to most effectively satisfy the guest's expectations and maintains time standards.
4. Focus on consistency of product and Mis en Place.
5. Work clean, including immediate station, as well as any other work area, walk ins, and storage areas.
6. Exhibit respect for our equipment by taking the responsibility to clean as you go.
7. Communicate consistently with other cooks, sous chefs, chef, other employees and managers. Accept criticism non-defensively.
8. Demonstrate a sense of urgency in all tasks, understanding their relationship to the dining experience of the guests.
9. Execute set up and breakdown responsibilities in a timely manner.
10. Work productively with minimal supervision.
11. Maintain an awareness at all times of the effect of all actions upon the dining experience of the guest and make any decisions based on their impact on the guests.
GENERAL DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Arrive on time for every scheduled shift. On time means in full uniform, in assigned work area at the time scheduled.
2. Maintain a professional appearance while inside the restaurant.
3. Clock in and out for every scheduled shift. Clock in and out for all meal breaks and cigarette breaks.
4. Be able to answer questions regarding parking and directions to and from the restaurant.
5. Attend all mandatory training classes and meetings.
6. Strive to achieve complete and total satisfaction of every guest that enters the building.
7. Treat all coworkers and supervisors in a respectful and professional manner, and work together towards the goals of the restaurant.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!