- Front of the House
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- $8.00/hr plus tips
- Full Time
Parking discounts, flexible scheduling, employee meals, 401K, and paid vacations
We are currently accepting applications for a host/hostess. Applicants must have experience dealing with guests in a professional and upscale setting. Previous restaurant experience is preferred. Must be punctual and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position that will consist of nights, weekends, and holidays.
1. Control reservations and seating of the restaurant in a way that maxes out seat utilization, without jeopardizing the quality of service provided to the guests.
2. Create a positive first impression for all guests in person and over the telephone.
3. Perform all tasks in accordance with Muriel's Jackson Square guidelines.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
3. Host Desk
4. Main Entrance
SPECIFIC DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Answering telephones in NO MORE than two rings, with greeting that follows MJS standards.
2. Taking reservations and imputing all information into the Open Table computer system. Ensuring accuracy of all information provided by guests and ensuring that all special requests are properly noted in reservation.
3. Calling guests to confirm reservations prior to arrival.
4. Greeting guests in a warm and friendly manner. Bringing guests to appropriate table and seating them following MJS standards. Creating the first impression of the restaurant.
5. Remaining aware of all guests in the dining room and updating the status of their meal using Open Table computer.
6. Inspecting restrooms for cleanliness and notifying utility staff or Manager on Duty if further attention is required.
7. Checking all menus for cleanliness. Notifying the Manager on Duty if additional menus are required.
8. Maintaining cleanliness of main entrance. This includes the hostess desk, front windows and rugs.
9. Replenishing mints, toothpicks and brochures as necessary.
10. Replenishing building history, ghost story and hiring documents as necessary.
11. Providing a warm and sincere farewell to all guests as they leave the restaurant.
GENERAL DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Arrive on time for every scheduled shift. On time means in full uniform, in assigned work area at the time scheduled.
2. Maintain a professional appearance while inside the restaurant.
3. Clock in and out for every scheduled shift. Clock in and out for all breaks, meal or otherwise.
4. Be able to answer questions regarding parking and directions to and from the restaurant.
5. Attend all mandatory training classes and meetings.
6. Strive to represent Muriel's in the most hospitable fashion possible.
7. Treat all coworkers and supervisors in a respectful and professional manner, and work together towards the goals of the restaurant.
Muriel's offers flexible scheduling, employee meals, 401K, and paid vacations. We offer a professional environment with excellent opportunities for advancement.